Project Execution Period 2015
The Tanami Road is 1,077km long with 753km remaining unsealed between Halls Creek, WA and Yuendumu, NT. This unsealed section covers both sides of the Western Australian and Northern Territory borders. This Section was for 17.5km.
- Provide competent engineering surveyors to oversee the civil aspect of contract
- All initial control establishment to be used for the duration of the construction period
- All clearing and excavation permit drafting and set out for the Client
- Set up and manage machine guidance systems
- Road design assistance and proposals
- Civil concrete and stabilisation works for floodway construction
- Material volumetric surveys
- Complete all conformance surveys and provide reports as required for QAQC for the Department of Infrastructure
- The job was carried out incident free
- Scope was delivered on time and on budget
Culhig Surveying assisted Exact Contracting with our feasibility study survey requirements for Tanami Road Section 2 which ends at Yuendumu. We subsequently engaged them for other works on Tanami Section 1. They continued to impress us on a daily basis, they have a wealth of experience with regard to surveying and construction itself and this has had a very positive impact on our project. We will be calling upon their services for future works.
- Colin Mayberry, Chief Executive Officer - Exact Mining Services