Vertical WHIMS Facility
Project Execution Period April 2020
Culhig Surveying were engaged by TCD to provide machine guidance and engineering survey support on the construction of the WHIMS (Wet High Intensity Magnetic Separation) Facility at FMG Christmas Creek Mine Site.
- Construction of the WHIMS building pad, concentrate thickener pad, belt filter pad, screen building pad, two switch room pads and crane pads.
- Construction and modification of 10,000m³ access roads around the perimeter of the vertical WHIMS facility.
- Construction and modification of various drainage systems, including the supply and installation of culverts and open drains.
- Control establishment
- Civil scope verification surveys
- All clearing permit drafting and set out for the client (as required)
- Set out for trenching and services
- Bulk earthwork model preparation
- Machine guidance management
- Test location pick ups
- Volumes surveys for periodic claims
- Drafting for handover
“This was our first experience using Culhig Surveying.
We were hugely impressed with their professionalism and attention to detail. Their knowledgeable and experienced team provided value to TCD with their focus and dedication to our project both in the field and in the office.
I have no hesitation in recommending them for similar works, they will have a positive impact on any project they are engaged on”.
TCD General Manager