Solomon Castle Road
Project Execution Period November 2020
TCD required survey support for the bulk earthwork construction of the new main access road for Solomon mine, this also included 11 culverts allowing stormwater to flow under the road.
- Machine control and guidance for 5km or bulk earthworks, including updating and redesigning machine models. Support provided for Leica, Trimble and Topcon machines.
- Survey setout and asbuilts for 11 culverts, some culverts required redesign work to better match the surroundings.
- Aerial surveys of handover surfaces to determine additional rework, scope changes, and provide final surface model.
- Final Trimming management
- Conformance surveys and reporting
- The job was carried out incident-free and within budget
- Significant remeasure quantities determined through aerial surveys which resulted in increased scope and claims for TCD
- Whole project delivered ahead of schedule
“Culhig is and always has been a pleasure to work with. Breath of fresh air to not need to continue explaining what needs to be done. All personnel stay on top and forecast the work, making sure everything has been completed to facilitate the completion of site works.”